Friday, August 17, 2012

YOU CAN DO IT TOO! IT IS A MATTER OF CHOICE

Over the past few years, people have said that they wish they could come to Colorado and live like I do. They say that they don't have the money, they don't have the time, they want to do this or that. In this life, can't is not a word in my vocabulary anymore. I have come to the realization that can't means it isn't that important to me. If I can't make an engagement, it is not because I physically am not able to, it is because it is not that important or something else is more important.
I remind myself every day that every moment I live is a choice, it is a choice between merely existing or actually doing something, between being another person or making a difference.

What I am doing, anybody can do. It is a matter of whether it is important for them to wake up at 1am to reach a trail head in order to see the sunrise over a vast array of mountain peaks. It is a matter of whether placing their own well being into jeopardy with an exposure of cliffs below them is worth skiing what people say can't be skied.

In this life, you make your own destiny, you make your own fate, you make your own legacy.

WHAT WILL YOU CHOOSE?

2 comments:

  1. Spot on J-man! It's what drives me to run a trail for 8 hours at 4 AM after a 2 hour drive rather than sleeping in -CHOICE, it's what drives me to keep going when I feel like turning back -CHOICE. The game is 90 % mental, the physical 10% can be trained for with no tricks -the brain is another story. Remember , all or nothing, it doesn't mean if you can't do it all you do nothing, it means you do all you can even if it is just one step or mile and don't give up and do nothing!

    ReplyDelete