Saturday, August 18, 2012

LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE!





                                                                                                                   ST1 (NOT AS STIFF)

With the Mt. Massive receiving a dusting of snow last night, my excitement for this winter is doubling every day. Bringing in a lot of new gear to adapt to this mission, I had a chance to take a look at the boots that I will be wearing... FINALLY. The First Degree ST2 from appearances looks to be a standard 3 piece boot. I am here to tell you it is not.

While on the course today, I discussed the boot with Ben Anderson, Co-Founder of First Degree Boots and got a bit of the back ground, the features and the benefits. I was AWESTRUCK when he explained to me about the no pack out liner. This is a phenomanal feature to have a liner that not only will not pack out, but is dual lasted so not only is it molded to the foot, it is molded to the boot.

I wish I had my camera rolling or taken a few pictures of these works of art, but I was golfing so get off my case. Because of this, I have found some images and some video on the boot to share with you. I will be trusting these boots on every ascent and decent this year and know that you will love them as much as I have in the time that I have been around them.

                                                                                                                        THE ST2 (STIFF)

The catch with this is, you will not be able to buy these in every shop. My recommendation for snagging a pair of these is to get a hold of Bentgate Mountaineering, First Degree's flagship store. Pick up a pair of Icelantic skis, drop on a pair of Rossignol FKS14 or 18's and grab a pair of Stormtrooper's in the ST1(softer flex) or ST2(stiffer flex) and get ready to shred.

Make sure you get these early because they are sure to go faster than lift line pancakes on the Super Gauge powder day(yes they went quick and the lifties love them!)

Backcountrycoalition.com made 2 great videos on the boots, take a look at them here:
#1 http://youtu.be/2bTPyKJeHpM
#2 http://youtu.be/D6tYbEVCsmc

No comments:

Post a Comment