Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Why? WHY NOT!!

Over the past few days, a couple people have been asking me why am I setting such an ambitious goal? Why am I letting the world know about it in such a loud manner? And finally, why skis, I thought you were a snowboarder? These questions are easier for me to answer through my experiences, my strengths and hope.

1. All my life I have been all or nothing. While looking at these mountains, their proximity to my location and what the snow fall is projected for this season, I can only expand more. If we have good snow year with ski-able routes until July and August, I could potentially do all 56 14ers. We will have to see how the white stuff comes.

2. Have you ever been in a situation, where you wanted to do something, never said anything and it was never accomplished. Now imagine the situation where you tell everybody you are going to beat up the school bully at recess, you go out to the playground and all the kids are cheering you on. You may get your ass kicked, but people are still rooting for you. That is me. If everybody is cheering, I'll have more motivation than I already have to complete the task.

3. I do also have my split board. There is a chance that on one or two to the trip, my board will be my travel tool instead of skis. The great thing about knowing how to do both, is that I can do that. I can pick and choose what to use and where.

I am really excited to be finally getting organized to the point where it is looking more and more realistic every day, gear comes together, route maps are getting completed and best of all, more and more support every day.

Thank you all for the support. You are all part of my inspiration.

JS

Please check out my facebook page as well.
https://www.facebook.com/TheSoco14erExpedition

No comments:

Post a Comment