Last night, while getting ready to fall asleep I began downloading the new Powder Whore trailer for Choose Your Adventure ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDSGCazNEE ), as our power went out and the internet died. To my chigrin, I decided to call it a night finally around 1am. Tech lose, -1.
Then around 5am this morning, I received a phone call from a far away land, it was from Frankfurt, Germany and my brother from another mother Steve. He had called to inform me that www.evo.com was having a ridiculous sale and I needed to take a look. Tech win, score even.
Over the next 30 minutes, we perused the sales and and prepared our carts. This sale was amazing and I had nearly $80.00 worth of gear in my cart. I was stoked. Tech win, tech +1.
When I went to check out at this time, I was not allowed to select a shipping option for this amazing order which resulted in a valuable waste of time after several attempts. Tech lose, even.
After trying to work a shipping deal on it, I tried to set it up as a pick up, in Seattle. While attempting to check out, the page would not load and was subsequently down for maintenance. This pissed me off. Tech lose, -1.
After the page being down for nearly 30 minutes, it came back up with my cart intact. Sadly the price was not. Original Price: less than $80.00, after the repair: $21,678.00. Tech lose, -2.
I was pissed and am still not happy about this. I have already messaged Evo and asked them about this. A response has been sent, however, I am still waiting on the resolution to this issue before I either slam or praise Evo as a company. We will see how their customer service is and how they are at resolving this nearly $28,000.00 issue. I will keep everybody posted as this develops.
The situation was absolutely absurd and I am hoping that the company that I (we) as a community of skiers, snowboards, wakeboardes and adventures together have all supported will help make this all right.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite company for all of my winter gear has let me down and now its time to re gain our trust in the best NW's gear company through something proper to be done
We have faith in you EVO please don't let us down