Last Tuesday, with a day off school, off work and off responsibility, Sweet Pea (my 10 year old Pit Bull), and I made the 3.5 hour drive to Evergreen, CO and the home of OZ Snowboards. This relatively new, eco friendly and extremely innovative company is on the verge of one of the most revolutionary split-board desigsn I have yet seen.
In January at the SIA on snow demo, I had the pleasure of meeting Adam Browning, the founder of OZ-Snowboards. It was at this first meeting, after picking up one of his Verix designs that I proposed the idea of a Split-Board. With his revolutionary construction process, light weight design, and the ability to build a board one day and test it the next, OZ-Snowboards is poised to take the market by storm.
Walking into his small shop, all the makings of a great shop were in sight. His snowboard press and skate board press, multiple lay up tables, a machine room in the back with there own CNC machine. On the wall were demo-boards and circling the ceiling were attempts that did not come out as planned.
After a quick tour, I was taught how the steel edges and ptex eventually make the edges, how a core is placed and how top sheets are made. This whole experience was mind blowing to see how everything works.
I am excited to say that my board is in the process of being layed up today and will be ready to shred soon. Follow Adam and the OZ-Snowboard crew on Facebook or on their Instagram.
As the season progresses, you will be able to read more about the development of these amazing boards and the development of new features.
No comments:
Post a Comment