Well, the time of the year has come and it is time to start climbing. Tonight I will be setting out for Redcloud and Sunshine Peak. I plan on beginning the hike at about 1:30am in order to summit Redcloud at sunrise and continue on the shoulder to Sunshine peak. When I arrive back at my original skin track, I will hike back up to Redcould and ski from that summit. Being the first of the 14ers, I will be taking my time and exercising a bit more caution.
http://www.14ers.com/routelist.php?peak=Redcloud+Peak+and+Sunshine+Peak
For this hike, my pack contains:
BCA A-1 w/Saw shovel
BCA Stealth 270 Probe
2 Beanie
1 pair Smith Prophecy Goggles with assorted lens's
1 Pair of Black Diamond Crampons
1 Black Diamond Raven Pro ice axe
1 GTrek II GPS recorder
Lifeline First Aide kit
Mylar reflective blanket
2 lbs chocolate
1 lbs G.O.R.P.
2 liters Water
1 liter Coffee
Change of base layers and socks
Flylow Mittens and gloves
Gear to be worn:
Flylow BA Puffy Jacket
Flylow Baker bibs
Mountain Hardwear Nills Down Mittens
Smith Varient Brim Helmet
Klint Krypto 187cm skis w/Atomic Tracker bindings
First Degree Stormtrooper ST2 boots
Sick Stickz Hunter T poles
BCA Tracker Beacon
JammyPack Perp for the skin in.
I will have reviews written for most of this gear following the hike.
The next hike is looking like Castle and Conundrum Peaks setting up a camp at Conundrum Hot Springs as a get away with my girlfriend. Stay tuned for route planning, route summary and more gear reviews.
-JS
No comments:
Post a Comment