A lot of people I speak with say "I wish I would have done this differently", or "I wish I could have done that." I understand this sentiment as there are many things in my life that I would have tried, however, I didn't. I cannot change that in the past I did or didn't do things and that my life today has been molded by where I have been and what I have done.
The past is just that, the past. We cannot change it, we cannot undo things or do things in the past. We must now look to the present and the future. Live every day to its fullest, for that is the only way that when we are unable to do the crazy things, that we will be able to say "I had a full life."
To every person, this may be a different reality. To one it may be finding the cure to cancer and another climbing Denali or Everest. Every person must set their own goals, have their own ambitions, their own dreams. That being said, if your goal is to climb Everest, you better train for it when ever possible, for you never know when the opportunity may arise.
We must hope for the future, but unless we are prepared to meet our goals today, we shall be setting ourselves up for failure. I hope to ski on every continent before I am bound to a chair. This means that today I am training, skiing, climbing, hiking, speaking with people and one day, I will be able to do such things as skiing in the Andes, the Alps, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, the Himalaya's. Without preparation, my goal is empty, a dream, a fallacy, for when the opportunity will arise and I will not be ready to accept.
The point of this post is to show you that if you want to be a great scientist, study, question, ponder; the best musician, compose, practice, preform; the best athlete, train, innovate, learn, listen. Everything that we want to do in our lives is possible, however, it takes dedication to achieve what we dream for. WE MUST WORK FOR WHAT WE WANT AND WHAT WE BELIEVE.
Get out and do something that will make tomorrow better, for if we do this every day, then everyday will be better than the last and there will be no regrets.
Screw off, don't wait for opportunity to knock! Kick that door open and say hello. Good luck brother.
ReplyDeleteThat is what the training daily does, as you train, opportunity presents itself more and more every day. The more prepared, the more opportunity.
DeleteThanks buddy