Today was Arapahoe Basin's opening day, and being such, the opening day for Colorado ski areas. But is it really skiing? Is one run with hundreds of people sliding down really worth the cost of admission? If you are like me, you bet your ass it is. Over the past two years, my streak of skiing every month was brought to an end with my last day on July 31st. Now, having been off for 2 months, I am sick and tired of not being able to ski due to the lack of snow and not having the time available to hike and camp for a couple days high into the mountains.
Now with finally having the day off completely on Friday 10/19, I get to go out and finally get some turns. Now with winter nipping at my heels, I am itching to test run the new gear that has come in. I know protocol states don't ride the new skis in early season, however, I have a feeling they are coming out before the season gets in full swing. I have to make sure they feel right, they handle well, and that they are everything I want them to be.
I look forward to heading up to A-Basin on Friday to spend a great day with with my friends. I am even more excited to write the initial reviews on the gear when it comes to the shaky conditions of early season skiing.
-JS
No comments:
Post a Comment